Our first look inside Ukrainian research
April 01, 2022
Welcome to the first episode of Research in Ukraine: Where has it gone?
Guests for Episode 1:
- Rod O’Connor is a Canadian working as a Professor at École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne in France.
- Ellen Goddard is a Professor in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences at the University of Alberta.
- Nadir Erbilgin is chair of the Department of Renewable Resources at the University of Alberta.
- And virtually through email and text you'll meet Sergii Romanenko formerly with the University of Western Australia. Now back home in Ukraine, he is a research scientist at The Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology which has been effectively destroyed. He is now working as a paramedic.
- After this episode was posted we received this email from Sergii.
If you want to see some of the work going on to support researchers either in Ukraine or who have left, try these sites:
This episode would not have been possible without the support of Genome Canada.
Produced by Mike Spear, Director of Communications for Genome Alberta, and by freelance broadcaster Don Hill.